Sunday, August 8, 2010

Older and Now Wiser

Last weekend we had the honor of helping my dad celebrate his graduation from UGA for the second time. He received his Master's Degree in Education. Dad went back to school 2 years ago, while he was working at GM. He knew the plant was closing and he was being "forced to retire." (his words not mine!) Dad knew that he did not want to stop working and he wanted to teach at a technical college. Sooooo, off to UGA he went again! He was enrolled in the online degree program, attending class in a chat room and working on group projects without even seeing fellow classmates. We could not be more proud of him and his huge accomplishment! He is now working part-time teaching at a technical school.

My parents tried to instill a desire for life-long learning in Evan and me; my dad continues to be a role model for me by earning a Master's Degree at the young age of 65! (This in no way implies that I am going back to school!)

Look at that smile! Way to go dad!



We had at party after the ceremony at our house. My dad loved being able to catch up with friends and former co-workers he had not seen in a while!


The boys were so excited about having a party at our house and most importantly, eating cake. They both kept asking me when if they could have cake!

1 comment:

Papaw said...

Thank you for the luncheon, it was good to see old friends and new ones.

Love,
Dad