Monday, December 15, 2008

Glover Family Tradition

Every year, Evan, my dad and I get together and make cookies for the holiday. We then make up plates of cookies and take them to friends and family. We make the cookies from scratch, using recipes that my mom used to make. Before my mom passed away, she was the one in charge of making all the cookies. We would "help" her by icing them and eating them. We would also go along to pass out the plates -- that was the fun part.
Now, Evan and I coordinate it and my dad helps out with anything we need him to. The year after my mom died, we spent 12 hours straight making cookies, icing them and packaging them. Now, we have become more efficient and this year it only took us 6 hours (though we made a few the night before). This was also the first year that Benjamin "helped." He learned the word "icing" and preceded to lick the icing off his cookie. He did not want the cookie!
Benjamin helping with the sprinkles.

The "after."


The "before."


These are naked sugar cookies and gingerbread men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a lot of work, but worth it. I could live on cookies alone.

amyinatlanta said...

Yeah, me too. I think that Benjamin can live on icing alone!