Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Night Party

Last night we went to a 50th Anniversary Party for a couple that Brian has known for his whole life. Brian's mom went with us, as she is good friends with the couple. Brian grew up with the couple's 7 children. Yes, I said 7! I had several thoughts while at the party.
First off, how cool is it to be at someone's 50th Anniversary? Brian and I talked about the fact that we will have this kind of party for 25th or 30th Anniversary, as we will be way too old for a big party at the 50th!
Secondly, this couple has seven children, 14 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. Wow! What a big family. I am not sure how they survived with seven kids. It was a challenge to juggle our two kids and we had grandmother to help. I can not imagine chasing several other children around as well.
Third, Brian and I have come to realize that we are no longer going to be able to eat at parties. Benjamin was on the go way too much.
All in all, it was a really nice evening and it was fun for us all to get dressed up and go out for the evening -- even if it did end at 8:15pm!
I also had to include this cute picture of Ethan -- now that he is able to roll over, he loves sleeping on his tummy!


No comments: