Thursday, July 9, 2009

The BIG Reveal

Now that the paint has dried, the red chalk lines are gone, and the front rooms of our home longer look like a danger zone, I wanted to show you what we have been working on. This all started back in the beginning of April. My time line for finished kept getting pushed forward.....things always take far longer then you think. My final goal was to finish by July 3rd and that we did.
Here is the paneling and chair rail molding in the dining room. We also had wide base boards put in.


Here is the finished dining room. You can see the paneling done as well as the chair rail and crown molding. On the right side of the picture, you will also see the fluting that we had done on the entry way to the family room.


The paneling in the foyer. You can see the fluting around the office door as well.


We had one entire wall of the foyer paneled. We also had crown molding in the foyer.

The foyer after. I love how bright it is in there!


This was the living room that we turned in to Brian's office (he works from home now) by "simply" putting up a wall. I say "simply" because this "simple" wall is where all the rest of these pieces of the project came from. To save money on making this room, we contracted all of the work out our selves and then caulked, puttied, primed and painted all the trim and wood work our selves. (I say we did it all ourselves, but there was my mother's day gift -- someone to caulk and putty for 8 hours. Yes, I asked for this as a gift and was thrilled to see progress and not have caulk under my nails.)

The finished product. This picture does not do it justice.

We had a flat coffered ceiling put in the office. I sure am glad that is done -- I have never had to paint or caulk on a ceiling -- it was a real challenge.


The crown molding and paneling in the office.


Here are the built in bookcases we had done in the office. We have so much space for books now.

And, so we finished on the 3rd of July. With that big project behinds us and a long 4th of July weekend ahead of us, I could not think of a better way to celebrate then a pitcher of homemade Sangria. It was tasty.

In fact, we may just celebrate again this weekend with another pitcher of Sangria!
(I now return you to your regularly scheduled programing of the Wilcox Boys....)

1 comment:

Papaw said...

Great Pictures of your finished porduct, are you for hire!! Really like the front of the house, looks very nice. Well Done!

Dad