Monday, October 6, 2008

Haircut and Confessions

So the time had come for Benjamin to get a haircut. He hates having his haircut. It really is a miserable experience for both him and me. I took him today to a place that specializes in children's haircuts. The last time we were there, he did ok. Today was a different story. He cried from the moment that we walked in the door. He did not stop until we got home! Here is the end result. Yes, I know it is rather short -- this extends the time between haircuts!

Ok, here's the confession. I'm a bad mommy. I rock my baby to sleep. I rocked Benjamin until I was so big (I was pregnant with Ethan) it was uncomfortable for both of us. At about 9 months, we started letting Benjamin cry himself to sleep.
So, along comes Ethan. And, of course I rock him. Ethan is ready to start going to sleep on his own -- or so I say! We have an extra challenge with Ethan. He has a tendency to throw up his bottles. I began letting him cry himself to sleep about 5 days ago. He is not too happy about this and has thrown up several times (he throws up the whole bottle) in his crib and on the floor.
There was a break tonight. He whined for only a few minutes and then this.......



He is sleeping sideways in his crib. But, you see his is not screaming! We are on our way now! Lately, bedtime with Ethan was taking almost an hour. Tonight, silence after a mere 10 minutes. What to do with all my free time?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ, you are a perfect mother. And Benjamin looks dapper.